The trend of installing metal roofs is on the rise these days and a large number of people are opting for. It is mainly because of the benefits it offers to the clients. In the earlier days, installing them was a costly affair but with passing time, the prices have dropped to quite a large extent. Some of the reasons, why most of the people prefer installing metal roofs are as follows:
• Durability: Metal roofs are quite durable and this is one of the main reasons why a large number of people are opting for it. These roofs won’t break, rot, fall apart, break or burn easily and can last for even hundred years. In addition, A metal roof is also resistant to bugs; mold, mildew, and it cannot be damaged by rot. With all of these available benefits, it is no wonder this type of roof is gaining popularity among the people all around.
• Environment friendly: This type of roof is created from about 98% of re-used material and steel material and because of this reason, they are considered quite environmentally friendly. Also, they are not harmful to the environment like the petroleum based asphalt roofing systems. An added advantage of this type of roofing material is that, the outer coating on these roofs prevents 75% to 80% of solar energy from being absorbed into it. It results in lowering the roof surface the temperature by 60 to 70 degrees.
• Light weight: In the comparison to other roofing materials, metal roofs are light in weight. This advantage makes it suitable for any various sizes of homes. You will find the weight of metal as 50 to 150 pounds per square as compared to 750 to 900 pounds per square and 240 to 400 pounds of concrete tiles and asphalt shingles respectively. And the roofs are available in large sheets that can be chosen as per the choice of house owners.
• Versatile and strong: The materials from which the metal roofs are made of are quite strong and have the ability to survive unfavorable climatic conditions such as fire and hail. In case, you stay in a place where there is heavy snowfall, these roofing systems are quite useful in protecting gutters and roofs from any kind of damage because of the heavy snowfall. One more benefit of installing them is that, they are lightweight, weighing just one-third as much as the asphalt shingles, and about one-twentieth the weight of tile or clay.
• East to install: These roofing materials come with easy installation procedure and the skilled technicians don’t have to spend too much of time while installing them. In the instances of the emergencies, metal roofing is considered as the best option because installing them does not take much amount of time.
You can see that there are many advantages of metal roofing and a large number of people are installing them and gaining its benefits.