When it comes to saving money on your electric bills, few things are as popular and effective as installing solar panels. If you really want to get ahead, though, you’ll have to build and install them yourself. If you have to pay someone to do it for you it will cost you thousands of dollars, as opposed to installing them yourself. Before you head up on the roof there are a few things you have to keep in mind.
1. Determine how many solar panels you have room for and how many you will need to supply your electrical needs. In most cases you won’t have the room for all the panels you’ll need to supply all your electrical needs. Most people will have to settle with a few panels which will save them money but not free them completely from the clutches of the utility company.
2. Find out where the rafters are so you can have a solid place to attach the panels. To do this all you need to do is use a stud finder.
3. Use a laser line or string to mark out the exact positioning of the panels and all the rafters. Measure to determine how much room you’ll need for the number of panels you’ll be installing.
4. Drill the holes and attach the bolts to the rafters where you will be attaching the solar panels.
5. Attach the rails for the solar panels to the mounts using 3/8 inch bolts.
6. Attach the panels to the rails. Make sure that each one is securely attached. Hook up the conduit from the panels to the converter. Make sure everything is attached securely so it doesn’t come loose in a heavy wind.
Don’t miss out on the opportunity to save money on your utility bills by taking full advantage of the energy of the sun. Installing solar panels is quite easy to do, all you need is some time, a few simple tools and a little bit of ingenuity. That’s it and you can be on your way to huge savings before you know it.